A new home and a new life in America offers a vast array of opportunities, not least the chance to see some of the best monuments, areas of outstanding beauty and of course, the hustle and bustle of the biggest cities. So when you find yourself with a free weekend hop on a plane or jump in the car, and go find yourself a piece of the American dream.
We’ve picked 8 must-see locations…..
* Washington DC – The home to the White House and America’s President, Washington DC serves up history on a plate. For the ultimate tour, go to the National Mall. A two mile stretch of land that houses everything from the Washington Monument to The Lincoln, Jefferson and Martin Luther King Memorials. There is also the popular Natural History Museum here too. For more information see here.
* Niagara Falls, New York – Situated in America’s oldest state park, Niagara Falls showcases three falls, including the famous Horseshoe Falls. On the American side (it can also be visited in Canada) tourists can head to the Observation Tower for unobstructed and stunning views. A boat trip on the Maid of The Mist is also essential (just make sure * you have a raincoat). Details on how to visit the American side can be found here.
* The Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco – Walk or cycle across the 1.7 km bridge which links San Francisco to Marin county and you’ll be afforded a magnificent view of the orange construction. Opened in 1937 it was once called ‘the bridge that couldn’t be built‘ but decades later it stands as a testimony to American design and engineering. Find out more here.
* Times Square, New York – 330,000 people are said to pass daily through Times Square due to its large array of restaurants, entertainment venues and its close proximity to Broadway. If you fancy seeing some of the best stage shows America has to offer, you wont have to look further than here.
* Florida Keys, Florida – Take a road trip to remember through the archipelago of the Florida Keys. The unique Overseas Highway runs from Key Largo to Key West and allows visitors to witness the stunning surroundings and see wildlife only found on these islands. Florida Keys information can be found here.
* The Grand Canyon, Arizona – At over 277 miles long a trip to the Grand Canyon has plenty to offer. Maybe you’d like to hike in? Head through it in a boat? Or simply take to the skies in a plane? For the less adventurous there are simple perimeter hikes and look-out posts. Take a look here for more information.
* Hollywood, California – The Hollywood Walk of Fame at Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street, sees the likes of Tom Hanks, John Lennon, Bob Hope all honoured with their own star. It may be the only chance you to get close to your favourite A-lister. Alternatively if you want your photo taken by the famous sign there are plenty of ways to get the perfect picture. Hike through Griffin Park for a ringside view or take a Sunset Ranch Tour, which as the name suggests, involves riding a horse through the Hollywood Hills.
* The Las Vegas Strip, Nevada – For a once in a lifetime opportunity to sample America at its boldest (and some say brashest) Las Vegas has to be seen to be believed. Well known for its mile upon mile of casinos, it also has 62,000 hotel rooms on the Strip alone. Big stars also flock here. This year Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears and Rod Stewart are all performing. Check out herefor more information.
If you are considering a move to America PSS International removals can help. We are a family run company and our desire is to ensure your family receives a friendly, professional and stress free overseas move. We have specialised in international removals for over 34 years, so whether you are planning on sending a full or part household removal, excess baggage or a vehicle we recognise the importance of ensuring our customers receive the same level of care and attention that we would expect ourselves.
Contact us now for a free estimator’s survey, or simply fill in our online moving or baggage quote form.