Air Freight Prohibited And Restricted Items
Please Check The Lists Below To Avoid Problems When Sending Items By Air Freight
Please note that any shipments of personal effects or household goods must now be accompanied by a full packing list to comply with UK aviation security
regulations. We are unable to proceed with shipment without one.
Also, many shipments are being held and delayed because they contained aerosols and other prohibited items, such as cigarette lighters, matches, etc. Apart from the obvious risk to flight safety, this is causing unnecessary delay, additional costs plus increasing the risk of loss of customers’ possessions.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the need to be very careful when packing your AIR FREIGHT.
Our Air Freight consolidation partners have issued the following list of prohibited or restricted items as a sample only – they do not warrant that it is full, accurate or compliant to any statutory regulations:
- Fireworks, ammunition, sporting ammunition, firearms or explosives
- Cylinders of compressed air, oxygen or liquid petroleum gas (LPG), any type of
- aerosol can (eg deodorant, shaving cream, hair spray, paint etc)
- Cigarette/pipe lighters or cigarette lighter refills
- Cosmetics (e.g. nail polish, colognes, perfumes, nail polish remover)
- Paint, fuel or paint thinners
- Dry Ice, specimens or samples
- Detergents, bleaches, drain or oven cleaners
- Fibreglass repair kits, adhesives and puncture repair kits
- Medicines of any type
- Any type of chemical, pesticides, herbicides etc
- Camping equipment (eg gas stoves, gas cylinders)
- Diving equipment (eg air tanks)
- Batteries of any type
- Machinery with internal combustion engines, such as chainsaws, lawnmowers or
- garden trimmers
- Printer ink cartridges of any type
- Food of any type
Please note that there may be restrictions on the items you are allowed to import to your destination and we strongly recommend therefore that you read the relevant
customs information available on our website.
Failure to comply with the above may cause delay, additional cost and/or the cases being opened and the offending items disposed of.
NB: Please ensure you do not lock suitcases as HM Customs may break the locks and you may incur additional charges.